Within the business economy as a whole, the highest gender pay gap was recorded in Estonia (23.2 %) and the lowest in Sweden (8.7 %).
Which country has the highest wage gap between male and female employees?
1. Korea, 34.6% Korea has the largest gender wage gap on the OECD’s list. In Korea, the average woman earns about 65.4% of what a man earns, leaving them with a 34.6% wage gap, according to OECD data.
Which countries have a gender pay gap?
The gender wage gap varies across countries. For example, among OECD nations women in Australia, Belgium, Italy and Sweden earn 80% as much as males, whereas in Austria, Canada and Japan women earn about 60%.
What is the gender gap?
The “gender gap” typically refers to differences between women and men in vote choice but can also refer to gender differences in turnout, political attitudes, and engagement. … These updated fact sheets highlight not only differences between men and women, but also the significant differences among women voters.
What is the gender pay gap 2020?
Women earn 82 cents for every dollar a man earns
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics data, in 2020, women’s annual earnings were 82.3% of men’s, and the gap is even wider for many women of color.
How long will it take to close the gender pay gap?
The Global Gender Gap Will Take an Extra 36 Years to Close After the COVID-19 Pandemic, Report Finds. The time it will take for the gender gap to close grew by 36 years in the space of just 12 months, according to the World Economic Forum’s 2021 Global Gender Gap Report.
Is the gender gap closing?
The World Economic Forum estimates that at the current rate of progress, it will take 267.6 years to close the economic gender gap.