The feminine noun maison (house) takes the form of la maison (the house), une maison (a house), or les maisons (the houses).
Who is a maison?
a public house. … house [noun] a family, usually important or noble, including its ancestors and descendants. the house of Tudor.
How do you know if a Spanish word is feminine or masculine?
Masculine nouns are used with articles like el or un and have adjectives that end in -o, while female nouns use the articles la or una and have adjectives that end in -a. To know if a noun is masculine or feminine, you should look to see what letter(s) the word ends with.
What are feminine words in French?
All the nouns ending in a double consonant + e are usually feminine. elle, enne, emme, esse, erre, ette… La pelle (shovel), une selle (saddle), la chaussette (the sock), la fillette (the little girl), La tristesse (sadness), la terre (earth), la femme (woman)…
Is maison used in English?
noun. A business (especially a fashion) house or firm.
Is maison a slang?
As you’ve probably noticed, the slang synonyms for “maison” are listed above. According to the algorithm behind Urban Thesaurus, the top 5 slang words for “maison” are: chelou, kitsuné, translate server error, titmouse, and surraija. There are 4 other synonyms or words related to maison listed above.
Is house in French feminine?
House is French is “la maison“. It’s a feminine French word. La maison est grande – the house is big.
Is Pan feminine or masculine?
Theres also the masculine, but that would be, as an example: -El pan rebanado (sliced bread) My app says that el is masculine and la is feminine, right? But it’s says always use el if the noun starts with a or ha, regardless of gender.
What are feminine words in Spanish?
General rules for feminine nouns
- Generally, words ending in -A: la silla, la manzana, la mesa.
- Ending in -CIÓN, -SIÓN, -ZÓN: la canción, la pasión, la razón (exceptions: el corazón, el buzón)
- Words ending in -DAD and -TAD: la felicidad, la amistad, la verdad.
- Ending in -EZ and -TRIZ: la vejez, la actriz.
What letters are feminine in Spanish?
Letters of the alphabet are feminine
- Forming regular adverbs ending in -mente.
- Using el or la to say the (singular definite articles)
- Using un, una to say a/an (singular indefinite articles)
- Using lo, la, los, las = him, her, it, them (direct object pronouns)